I am currently reading an interesting book on this subject. It is definitely a thought provoking read regardless of where you are on the faith spectrum. If you ask me though, God exists for you if any of the following applies to you:
- You will inherit a fortune from your own or your spouse's parents.
- You are able to redeem airline miles when you want to go on vacation.
- Clothes purchased off the shelf fit you perfectly. My older rant on this matter can be found here.
- Your anniversary falls on a long weekend.
- You frequently win prizes in raffle.
- Your wife does not like to shop or your husband loves to cook and he is good at it.
- Your kids are able to fund their own college education with scholarships.
- You can talk yourself out of a traffic ticket.
- Your three closest friends are an accountant, a doctor and a lawyer by profession.